måndag 4 augusti 2014

Too much rain...

Day 15
I was on the road at 8, it was dark and cloudy. I stopped in Fauske to buy gas and then to the library, my favourite place in every town. They even had free coffee here, what more can you ask? Then I continued towards Saltstraumen and it started to rain really heavy and it just continued. I was getting closer to my destination and the rain stopped and the sun suddenly came out.  By this time I've decided that I would take a cabin if I found one. The first camping was full but on the other side of the bridge I found Elvegård and I was lucky! Karibua just stood there and waited for me. It's time to treat myself even though it's expensive but it's been 8 days since my last shower so that was really nice and I washed some clothes, made dinner and I could use free wifi! At midnight came the thunderstorm with heavy rain and I'm so glad that I was not alone in my tent at this moment. I like thunder but I think I would feel very small and insecure in the tent on
my own. Today's distance was 72,6 km

Tunnels passed: 2

Morning at my camp.
Taking shelter from the rain.
Saltstraumen.
Saltstraumen.
Karibua.
Karibua.
Saltstraumen is a small strait with the strongest tidal current in the world. It is located in the municipality of Bodø in Nordland county, Norway. It is located about 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) southeast of the town of Bodø. The narrow channel connects the outer Saltfjorden to the large Skjerstadfjorden between the islands of Straumøya and Knaplundsøya. The Saltstraumen Bridge on Norwegian County Road 17 crosses the Saltstraumen.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar