lördag 23 augusti 2014

Sognefjellet 1434 meter

Day 34
This morning it was dry outside, no rain, it's unbeliavable! I could open up my tent and have breakfast while enjoying the view over the river. This is the first day for over a week that I could pack the tent all dry. Then we headed for Lom. Halfway there came the rain again. We went to a cafe to charge and drink coffee. Then I bought some supplies and we said goodbye. I'm heading over the Sognefjell. First the road went through the valley for a while before the climb started. I met a czech guy called Jan and he told me about another road that had less traffic along the Lusterfjord. Climbing up Sognefjellet was heavy and the rain came in the afternoon and stayed persistent. I also had an accident with my camera when I went really fast down and there was a bump in the road so my handlebar bag opened up and my camera flew out and smashed really hard in the road. I was terrified and totally sure it was broken but to my luck it still worked! Even though it came open a bit. I tried to press it together but was not completely successfull...anyway it is totally shockproof as promised! I went higher than yesterday 1434 meters above sea level. I got really cold and stopped at Sognefjellhytta for a coffee and a break from the rain. It didn't seem like it would stop but now it was not far. Finally the last 10 km the rain stopped and the fog came luring in. I arrived at Turtagrö and found myself a nice spot away from the hotel. By 8 pm I had set my tent with an amazing view and started cooking dinner. Then I went to the hotel for a beer and some charging. The place was crowded with happy people! Distance today 87 km.

Lom stave church dated from 1159.
Jan from Czech Republic. 
Maybe I should have taken this one?
The valley heading for Sognefjell.
Route 55.
Route 55.
Sognefjell in rain.
It keeps raining...
Only 9 km to my destination.
Just beautiful.
Almost there.
Time for dinner.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar