söndag 24 augusti 2014

Leaving Sognefjellet

Day 35 - Turtagrö - Viksöyri
I woke up to a fantastic view, still a lot of fog but I was up at 6 to make breakfast and then the sky cleared a little. I met a norwegian guy who lives in Copenhagen and he said it will be good weather from now on like 19 degrees and sun. Later it seemed like he was actually right! When I went down it was so breathtaking beautiful that I had to stop all the time to take pictures. I have been in this area several times but mainly in the winter and it's different when you travel by bike. Later when I came down the sun bursted out! I went down this lovely little road winding along the side of the fjord with lots of old houses and apple trees. Then I had a lovely ferry trip over to the cutest little village by the fjord - Solvorn. Here was a climbing part as well but I think only 600 meters. Anyway after Trollstigen and Sognefjellet I can manage anything! I had coffee and some charging in Sogndal then I continued and finally I was at Helle. I didn't plan to go this far but I was looking for a tentspot and it was steep as hell all over the place so I continued and when I saw the ferry I was excited to get to the other side. On the other side there was no place either to camp, houses everywhere or steep as hell. Maybe I should have brought a portaledge and just hang it straight from the rock...  Anyway then I arrived at Vik and wanted to continue but realised that I had gone far today and it was getting dark and it was going uphill soon over the mountain. So I turned back to the camping and pitched my tent because what else could I do? When cooking I had company from 4 slovakian guys. Later I got to try some liqour from Riga. And there was wifi and now it is almost 1 am and I am really tired. Tomorrow morning I'm heading for Voss. Distance today 109 km

Tunnels passed: 3 and they were pitch dark and scary.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar